Europe is presenting some attractive opportunities amid continued uncertainty, writes Validea CEO John Reese in a recent article for TheStreet. The appeal of overseas shares is being fueled by the ECB’s still-accommodative policy stance and continued bond-buying program coupled with monetary tightening on this side of the pond and increasing doubts around the president’s policy agenda.
Reese identifies five high-scoring stocks from Validea’s Europe portfolio:
- Ferrari NV (RACE) is an Italy-based designer, manufacturer and retailer of sports cars operating under the Ferrari brand. The company is favored for its quarter-over-quarter earnings-per-share growth and the stock’s strong relative price performance.
- Ternium SA (TX) produces and sells finished and semi-finished steel products and iron ore and boasts a favorable ratio of price-earnings to growth in earnings-per-share as well as modest leverage. Long-term EPS growth and the stock’s price-sales ratio both add appeal.
- Daimler AG (DDAIF) is an automotive engineering company with cash flow-per-share and trailing 12-month earnings that both well exceed the market mean.
- AXA SA (AXAHY) is an insurance company that scores well due to its book-market ratio and operating cash flow. Cash flow-per-share and trailing 12-month sales both exceed the market mean.
- Allianz SE (AXSEY) is a financial services company with a favorable price-sales ratio and persistent earnings-per-share growth.